Are you also tired of pulling up your underwear again and again while walking or running? Does your underwear also keep rolling down now and then? Well, you don’t need to worry anymore. You have landed in the right place. We have the answer covered for you!
Let’s check out!
Why Does My Underwear Keep Rolling Down?
This can be due to incorrect size or slippery fabric. Often when we walk or jog or run, we feel our underwear rolling down again and again, and pulling it up in public places makes the situation awkward and irritating at the same time. Underwear getting rolled downtime and again makes the person feel uncomfortable and uneasy.
Choosing the wrong size of your fit usually causes this problem. We see men trying to adjust their undies more often than women, but this issue is not limited only to men. Even women complain about facing the issue of underwear getting rolled down.
You might face this issue if you wear underwear for a longer time. Now, wondering what the reasons behind your underwear rolling down again and again are? Let’s have a look below!
What are the reasons behind my underwear rolling down again and again?
- The first and foremost reason behind this is the incorrect size of your underwear.
- Too loose underwear can easily slide or fall or roll down and can cause irritation and awkward feeling while in public.
- Similarly, too small underwear also rolls down. Whenever you bend, it can roll down your butts and might look weird.
- Underwear with inappropriate style can roll down easily.
- Wearing the same underwear for a long time makes the elastic loose, which can also cause your underwear to roll down again and again.
- Inappropriate underwears made of slippery fabric keep on rolling down.
- You may be wearing underwear that’s too short for your body shape.
- This can happen if you have a bulky belly or stomach as the underwear will roll down again and again from that area.
- Women having heavy or bumpy butts face this issue. Your underwear might be of the wrong style and cannot hold itself up.
- Underwears with broken elastic also keep on rolling down
- Low-quality underwears are mostly thin and get rolled down repeatedly.
- Shrinkage after washing the underwear causes it to roll down as the size gets reduced.
- If you have lost some weight or lost it continuously, this might also be why your underwear is rolling down repeatedly.
- Low cut or low waisted underwear also gets rolled down if it is not according to your body type.
Now that you have had a look at various reasons behind your underwear rolling down, you might be wondering about how to avoid it or how to keep your underwear from getting rolled down frequently. We have the answer to your question covered here as well.
What Should I Do To Keep My Underwear From Rolling Down?
The first thing you should do is look for the cause of the problem, which means you should first look for the reason why it is rolling down, and for this, you may refer to various reasons listed by us in the above para.
Once you have identified the cause, it’s time to look for the solution to resolve that problem.
There are a few ways by which you can keep your underwear from rolling down.
- Firstly, look whether you are wearing the correct size underwear or not. Underwear mostly gets rolled down if the size is small, considering the exact measurements switch or purchasing underwear that fits you.
- If you have heavy or thick thighs, you might need a bit of loose underwear, but that might fall or roll down, so make sure to apply safety pins or get it stitched from the waistband.
- If you have been wearing underwear for a long time, it might have got loose, you can either get old elastic replaced by new elastic by the nearest tailor, or you may purchase new underwear.
- If the elastic of your underwear is broken, it is advised to replace it with new underwear.
- Fabric matters, underwear having slippery fabric such as nylon, polyester, etc., roll down too often.
- Using a dressing tape would be of much help and a savior for you whenever you are in a public place and feel like your underwear is rolling down.
- Alternatively, you can use safety pins to hold your underwear with pants or undershirt.
- Wearing tight clothes will give less chance for the underwear to roll down easily, so this can also be a remedy.
- If you have a bulky or heavy belly, you might face this issue a lot. The solution to this is to buy adjustable waistband underwear with more flexible elastic so that it fits according to your waist and body structure.
- Changing the type of underwear is the best solution. You might have to try 3-4 different styles and then come to a decision after analyzing the best fit for you.
Now that you have come across the solutions to the problem, how about some tips or things you should keep in mind while buying suitable underwear.
Let’s have a look at them.
Things To Remember!
- Always look for comfort more than design.
- Although underwear has to come below your clothes, the design still matters according to your body type.
- Look for the exact measurements and choose the one that fits you correctly. It should not be too small or too tight.
- I prefer cotton underwear as they are more comfortable and do not roll down much.
- In the case of women, it is advised to buy lace underwear as they get rolled down easily.
- Choose high cut or low cut underwear according to your comfort, and make sure to have ample coverage.
- Thongs or v-shaped underwear can also be a good option for many people.
- Always choose the ones having adjustable for flexible waste bands and flexible fabric as this will allow it to adjust and stick to your body and prevent it from rolling down.
It is as important to choose correct and suitable fit underwear as it is important to choose the best-fit clothes. Most of the time, people complain about their underwear being rolled down whenever they walk, bend, or do any exercise, and this can be due to many reasons that we have covered above.
We advise you to go through why underwear keeps rolling down and, after that, look for the solutions suggested by us. Also, don’t forget to look at the things to remember section.